For the first time the Board of the Animated Film Section, thanks to the hospitality of the festival Etiuda&Anima, has the pleasure to present industry awards for authors and coauthors of animated films. The aim of presenting industry AWARDS is, first of all, to honour and to award in professional categories which result from, among others, the stages and process of animated film production. The originator and initiator of the Awards is the Board of the Animated Film Section of the Polish Filmmakers Association. This year’s Winners of the Award’21 were selected by the members of the Competition Jury consisting of the Chair of the Jury – Alicja Witkowska – director, animator, scriptwriter and lecturer; Anita Kwiatkowska Naqvi – director, animator and producer; professor Jacek Adamczak – director, animator, scriptwriter and lecturer; Jan Maciej Ptasiński – cinematographer and director of photography; Artur Wrotniewski – director, animator, scriptwriter and lecturer. The jury watched 29 professional animated films produced in 2021 and those which premiered between 1st January 2021 and 31st December
The awards were given in eight categories and the winners are
– best auteur film – for the film 3 geNARRATIONS for Paulina Ziółkowska,
– best children’s film / series – for the film Ole Sweet Sleep for Joanna Jasińska-Koronkiewicz,
– honorary mention for the best children’s series – for the film Chichraszek for Marzena Nehrebecka,
– best animation – in 3 geNARRATIONS dir. Paulina Ziółkowska for Paulina Ziółkowska, Alicja Błaszczyńska and Max Litvinov,
– best graphic design – in Love in the times of coal-based economy dir. Tomasz Siwiński for Tomasz Siwiński,
– best debut – for the film Prince in a Pastry Shop dir. Katarzyna Agopsowicz for Katarzyna Agopsowicz,
– best script – in Airborn dir. Andrzej Jobczyk for Andrzej Jobczyk,
– best photography / compositing – in Prince in a Pastry Shop dir. Katarzyna Agopsowicz for Przemysław Świda,
– best original music and soundtrack – in Impossible Figures and Other Stories I dir. Marta Pajek for music for Aleksandra Gryka and for soundtrack for Michał Jankowski.
We congratulate all the winners and wish them further development and numerous successes.
Chair of the Animated Film Section
of the Polish Filmmakers Association