We introduce the jury members of the Festival’s competitions. The experts are going to choose the winners of ETIUDA, ANIMA and ANIMA.PL.
The ETIUDA 2017 Competition Jury
- Maria Zmarz-Koczanowicz – chairwoman of the jury, one of the most highly esteemed Polish documentary filmmakers, a director and a scriptwriter who also makes feature films and television plays
- Štepan Altrichter – a director, he got his diploma in directing from two film schools: Prague’s FAMU and HFF Potsdam-Babelsberg.
- Emi Buchwald – a director, laureate of the Etiuda competition Grand Prix – Golden Dinosaur at the last year’s edition of IFF Etiuda&Anima in Krakow
- Tayfun Dalkılıc – a director and academician, graduated from Anadolu University, Cinema and Television Department.
- Bodo Kox – a director, a scriptwriter and an actor by profession, one of the major representatives of the Polish off-cinema
The ANIMA 2017 Competition Jury
- Piotr Dumała – chairman of the jury, one of the most internationally known Polish animation authors
- Andrea Martignoni – a performer, sound designer and a historian in animation
- Lucija Mrzljak – Croatian animation film director and illustrator, based in Estonia
- Gunnar Strom – professor emeritus at Volda University College on the western coast of Norway
- Theodore Ushev – a director of animated films, his “Blind Vaysha” (2016) was nominated for an Oscar for the Best Animated Short
The ANIMA.PL 2017 Competition Jury
- Jerzy Kucia – chairman of the jury, one of the major representatives of the world-renowned Polish school of animation
- Andrzej Orzechowski – a scriptwriter and director, he has been working for the Animated Film Studio in Bielsko-Biała
- Bernard Genin – a film journalist, an art teacher
- Piotr Młodożeniec – a visual artist, poster designer, painter, graphic designer and illustrator
- Hubert Sielecki – a versatile artist and an experimental author who produces films, designs advertising posters, makes large format and experimental colour photography